Malaseb: Medicated Foam
Introducing the Malaseb "MEDICATED FOAM (250ML)"
Malaseb is an antibacterial, antifungal and antipruritic shampoo for dogs and cats. Formulated to remove, scale, degrease the skin and kill micro-organisms which is a major cause of dermatitis.
- Active ingredients: 20g/L Chlorhexidine gluconate, 20g/L Miconazole nitrate
- Topical keratolytic, antibacterial antifungal and antipruritic shampoo for dogs and cats
- Formulated to remove, scale, degrease the skin and kill micro-organisms which is a major cause of dermatitis
- Kills the micro-organisms and helps to keep the numbers of yeasts and bacteria at manageable levels
- Eliminates allergens such as pollens which can be trapped in fur or on skin causing itching and irritation
- Contains Miconazole which is an antifungal with potent activity against fungi and year
- Contains Chlorhexidine Gluconate which is a proven antimicrobial agent that fights against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
Malaseb is registered to treat Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Dermatophytosis. Seborrhoeic Dermatitis is the scientific name for a skin infection involving bacteria (Staphylococcus) and yeast (Malassezia). Dermatophytosis is the scientific name for ringworm, a condition which is not due to worms (like the name suggests) but is in fact a fungal infection.
It is normal in dogs to have low numbers of resident bacteria and yeasts on the skins surface. When there is a disruption to the skin’s natural ecosystem these bacteria and yeasts can overgrow causing disease. Reasons for disruption to the natural balance include:
- Allergy, including to pollens, grasses, foods (meats) and fleas.
- Parasites, such as fleas, mites and lice.
- Hormonal problems
- Conformational problems such as deep skin folds, making sweaty crevices.
How does Malaseb help?
- Kills the micro-organisms, helping to keep the numbers of yeasts and bacteria at manageable levels.
- Removes excess scale and oils, commonly produced when the skin is infected
- Removes allergens such as pollens which can be caught in fur or on skin causing irritation
DERMATOPHYTOSIS or ‘Ringworm’
Ringworm is the most common fungal condition in cats, however it is also a well recognised problem in dogs and horses. Malaseb will help to sterilise the coat of ringworm spores, helping to speed recovery and prevent spread of the disease. Ringworm in cats is a systemic disease which means that although you may only see a few spots the cat is actually covered in ringworm infection and thus all over treatment is needed.
Malaseb can be used alone or in combination with systemic medication (usually anti-fungal tablets) to treat ringworm. Combination therapy results in a faster cure than either alone. Malaseb should be used twice weekly during ringworm treatment.
It is important if you have young children or immune-compromised adults in the same household as an infected cat that you discuss this with your veterinarian or doctor. Ringworm can have serious consequences for those without a good immune system.
How often should I apply Malaseb?
In the case of seborrhoeic dermatitis, Malaseb should be used twice weekly when the infection is active. You may be able to reduce the frequency of bathing to once per week or fortnight once the infection is under control. In most circumstances long term therapy is needed as ‘curing’ the cause of the imbalance is not always possible.
In the case of ringworm, twice weekly bathing is recommended to clean the coat of spores and infection. Therapy is typically needed for 8 to 12 weeks.
- Leave the shampoo on for the full 10 minutes wherever possible.
- Always make sure the coat is thoroughly wet before applying Malaseb, this will make lathering and spreading easier.
- Using a sponge can help to spread the shampoo well. The sponge also holds water which again helps to ensure the coat is adequately wet during application.
- A damp cloth, with a little diluted foam can be used to clean the face of both cats and dogs.
- Whilst bathing cats is never easy, many will tolerate water better if it is not running. Using a 3 bucket technique, where all buckets are filled with warm water can help. The cat is dunked (not including head) into the first bucket and shampoo applied, then wrapped in a towel for the 10 minutes to stay warm and prevent licking foam. Once the 10 minutes is up the cat is sequentially dunked into the first, then second then remaining buckets to rinse the coat
We understand that there may come a time where you need to return a purchase and we want to make the returns process as simple and easy as possible for you.
If you have changed your mind about your purchase or purchased the incorrect size or item, we will be pleased to offer you a refund provided that:
1. The item(s) is not marked FINAL SALE (these items are non-returnable - no exceptions), is not a gift card and is not a personalised item
2. You return the item(s) within 30 days of your order being delivered (our returns policy is valid for 30 days from the date your order was delivered as per the shipment tracking - after this time has passed we are unable to accept returns)
3. Your item(s) must be unused, unworn, unwashed and in the same condition that you received it (We recommend that you carefully try new items on indoors, just in case you need to return them)
4. All packaging, swing tags and care tags must still be attached to items to be eligible for a refund. Any items returned without packaging or tags, will not be refunded. You will receive an email to advise of this, at which time we can organise to return the items to you at your cost.
5. If you purchased an item as part of a bundle (e.g. buy a harness and get a leash free etc..) the entire bundle must be returned
6. If you purchased an embroidered item (e.g. dog hoodie harness with added embroidery), you will be charged a restocking fee of $4.95 - this will be deducted from your total refund amount prior to the refund being processed. Note that any personalised embroidered items are non-returnable/non-refundable as they cannot be restocked (e.g. "Follow Me @yourinstagramhandle embroidery)
Please note: we do not offer exchanges on our products (only returns for refund that meet all requirements of the policy)
1. Please visit our Returns Portal, which can be found here.
2. Enter your order number (which will start with BLD) and the email address you used to order
3. Follow the instructions and select the item(s) you wish to return.
4. Your return will be reviewed by our team and once this has happened you will receive an email confirming (or rejecting) your return. If your return is approved you will receive information on where to ship your returned item(s) to.
5. You can enter the tracking details for your return on the portal for us to keep an eye on the return. Once it arrives back to our warehouse you will receive an email confirming this.
6. And once your returned item(s) have been inspected, your refund will be processed to your original payment method. If there are any issues, we will get in contact with you.
Please note: you are responsible for return shipping costs (unless the reason for return is due to a faulty/damaged product) and original shipping costs cannot be refunded.
It is recommended that you use a trackable shipping service or purchase shipping insurance. Please ensure that you keep tracking numbers until you receive a confirmation of refund. We are unable to guarantee that we will receive your returned item and we do not accept any responsibility for lost items.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that your refund has been processed. Or you will be notified if there are issues with the return.
Your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your original method of payment, within 7-10 business days (dependant on your financial institution).
Refunds will only be process to your original method of payment (unless it was a gift and these will be refunded as a store credit onto a gift card and emailed)
Late or Missing Refunds: If you haven't received your refund within 10 business days of receiving your notification of refund:
1. Double check your bank account (please remember that the amount refunded won't include your original shipping costs)
2. Contact your bank or credit card company, as it may take longer before the refund is processed by them and officially posted to your account or card
3. If you have done these steps and still have not received your refund, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have purchased an item and added embroidery to it, these can be returned, however you will be charged a $4.95 restocking fee. This fee will be deducted from your refund prior to being processed.
Please note that personalised embroidery (e.g. "Follow Me @yourinstagramhandle) are NOT eligible for a return/refund as they are personalised and cannot be restocked.
If you have purchased an item and added personalisation to it (e.g. All-Rounder Harness, Bandana, On-The-Go Pet Mat, Coffee Mug, Parent Jumper/Hoodie/T-Shirt), please note that these items are non-returnable/non-refundable as they cannot be restocked.
FINAL SALE items:
Only regular and sale items may be returned for a refund.
All FINAL SALE items cannot be returned if you have changed your mind (or ordered the incorrect size), so please choose carefully. These items can only be returned if they are faulty.
Purchases during a SALE period:
If you wish to return an item which is part of a sale, please note you will be refunded the amount that you purchased the item(s) for during the sale. If you wish to re-purchase, the sale price(s) usually cannot be honoured once a sale has finished (please get in contact prior to re-purchasing if you wish to discuss this).
If the order you received was a gift and you need to return any items, the original value of the items will be credited on a gift voucher for you to use on a future order.
Please contact us prior to returning the items, so a note can be made on your order. Otherwise, the items may be refunded to the original payment method.
Incorrect Item received:
We sincerely apologise that you received the incorrect item. If any items you receive are incorrect, please email email@example.com within 5 days of receipt of order to notify us.
Please be sure to include your order number, the incorrect item received and what the correct item should be.
If the item that you didn't receive is unfortunately unavailable as it has sold out, we can offer to replace it with a different item of the same value or process a refund.
If any items you receive are faulty or damaged, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days of receipt of item to notify us. Please be sure to include your order number, best contact details, details of the fault/damage and if possible a photo of the fault/damage.
After receiving your email, we will provide you with a return postage label so you can return the item to us.
Please note due to the possibility of our products selling out, we cannot guarantee that we will have the original item/size/colour in stock. If the original item is in stock, we will post you a replacement item. However, if the product is out of stock, we will contact you to discuss whether you would prefer a different item to the same value or a full refund (including original shipping costs).
We are unfortunately unable to accept exchanges due to the possibility of our products selling out. To guarantee that you receive your desired item/size/colour, please place a new order for this item and complete the return process to return the original item.
Big & Little Dogs products are made from high quality and durable materials, however they are not indestructible. We guarantee our pet wear and accessories at the time of purchase against material defects and workmanship. If you experience a problem with any of our products, please send an email to email@example.com with details and a photo of the issue. Any warranty claims must be received within 60 days of purchase, otherwise we are unable to replace any items.
Please ensure that you inspect all items for wear prior to use.
Our warranty/guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear. Any claims after 60 days may not be valid, as the damage may be considered normal wear and tear.
We are unable to take responsibility for any injury or loss caused by the use or misuse of our products.
Should you have any questions about our returns and refunds policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR fill out the below form.