Home by BLD | One in a Million Soy Candle
NOTE: AfterPay only available on Australian and New Zealand Orders
Introducing the Home by BLD "One in a Million" Candle
Create an instant ambience in your home by lighting one of these candles that are individually hand poured, hand scented and made from natural soy wax.
- Individually hand poured and scented with a full fragrance load (they are not mass produced)
- Made from 100% natural soy wax and include a natural cotton wick
- Burn time of 60-65 hours in ideal conditions
- Made by hand in Brisbane, Australia
There are three notes, that in perfect combination, make a candle's fragrance lasting and appealing.
Top note: This is the initial impression the fragrance makes when you first smell a candle or remove the lid. It is the most volatile, meaning it will evaporate the fastest.
Middle Note: The middle note is the “heart or personality” of the fragrance. It can take 10 to 20 minutes for the middle notes to fully develop. When you are burning a candle, the middle notes are the most prominent.
Base Note: The base notes are what give a candle lasting qualities. It is the scent that lingers even after the candle is extinguished.
- The 1st burn of your candle is the most important as it creates the memory burn for consecutive burns that follow. On the 1st burn it's important to allow the candle to reach a full melt pool (which is liquid from edge to edge). By doing this it will ensure when you re-light your candle it will follow the same path. Failure to do this may result in tunnelling of the candle where it burns through the centre and leaves unmelted wax around the edges. We suggest to always burn your candle to a full melt pool on each consecutive burn to avoid tunnelling as well.
- We recommend never burning your candle for more than four hours at a time
- Before re-lighting your candle, always remove the black mushroom from the top of the wick and trim the wick to around 7mm
- Always leave a couple of mm's of wax in the bottom of the jar at the end. Never run it dry of wax. Running a candle dry of wax can overheat the jar and may cause it to crack..
- Always burn your candle within sight - never leave a burning candle unattended
- Keep away from anything flammable, children and pets
- Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken
- Never move a burning candle (before moving candle ensure it is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold)
- Glass may become hot while burning, so only burn on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface
- Never use water or lid of jar to extinguish a candle (use a candle snuffer to extinguish flame properly - or if not available, blow gently and steadily until flame is extinguished).
- Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to 7mm during use and before every re-light
- Do not burn candles for more than 4 hours
- Always leave a couple of mm's of un-melted wax at the bottom of the jar